Borussia Dortmund have their sights set on topping UEFA Europa League Group C when hosting PAOK FC on Thursday evening, but to do so they will have to better the result of FC Krasnodar (kick-off 19:00CET/18:00GMT).
The two sides shared the spoils in the reverse fixture earlier this season with a 1-1 draw , but BVB will be hoping to go one better to give themselves the best chance of climbing into top spot.
- Dortmund have won nine of their last 11 competitive encounters.
- The 1-0 defeat suffered against FC Krasnodar was BVB’s first loss in the UEFA Europa League under Thomas Tuchel.
- Dortmund picked up a 1-0 home win, whilst suffering a 3-1 defeat on the road against Olympiacos FC in the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League group stages – their only other previous encounter with Greek opposition.
- PAOK are without a win in six against German opposition with their overall record reading W1 D4 L3.
- PAOK have never beaten German opposition on their travels (D2 L1).
MD15 Highlights: Wolfsburg 1-2 Dortmund
Dortmund: Weidenfeller – Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels (c), Schmelzer – Castro, Gündogan – Hofmann, Kagawa, Reus – Aubameyang
PAOK: Glykos – Vitor, Tzavellas, Malezas, Golasa – Rodrigues, Tziolis (c) – Mak, Leovac, Pelkas – Berbatov