After a thrilling 4-4 draw at the BayArena two weeks ago, Bayer 04 Leverkusen are in the Eternal City to face AS Roma in a crucial UEFA Champions League Group E match-up on Wednesday evening (kick-off 20:45CET/19:45GMT).
Leverkusen sit second in Group E heading into the business end of the group stage and with leaders and European champions FC Barcelona still to visit Germany, a positive result in the Italian capital is crucial if Die Werkself intend to smooth their passage to the round of 16.
- If Leverkusen win in Rome, and Barcelona beat FC BATE Borisov in Group E's other fixture, Roger Schmidt's side will go four points clear of the Italians.
- Roma have won only one of their last eight home games in the UEFA Champions League.
- Leverkusen have already lost once at Rome's Stadio Olimpico this season, however, succumbing to a 1-0 defeat to Roma's city rivals SS Lazio in the qualifying stages of the competition.
- Bayer centre-back Kyriakos Papadopoulos is only one yellow card away from a suspension.
- Die Werkself are in fine form going forward at present with 15 goals in their last four games, Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez netting six of them.
- Leverkusen skipper Lars Bender will miss Wednesday's game. The midfielder is still recovering from an ankle injury which ruled him out of Saturday's 2-1 defeat to VfL Wolfsburg.
Roma: Szczesny - Florenzi, Manolas, Rüdiger, Digne - Pjanic, Vainqueur, Nainggolan - Gervinho, Dzeko, Salah
Leverkusen: Leno - Donati, Tah, Papadopoulos, Wendell - Kramer, Kampl - Bellarabi, Brandt, Hernandez - Kießling