London – FC Bayern München are in London this week as they face FC Arsenal on UEFA Champions League Matchday 3 on Tuesday evening (kick-off 20:45 CEST / 18:45 GMT).
Pep Guardiola’s men currently top the Group F standings with two wins from as many games, but face a stiff challenge against an Arsenal side scrapping for survival in the competition after opening with two defeats.
- Bayern have won each of their last two visits to Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium, winning 2-0 in the round of 16 in 2013/14 and 3-1 at the same stage the previous year.
- Thomas Müller found the target for the Bavarians in both of those games.
- Guardiola’s charges are yet to concede a goal in the Champions League this season, having beaten Olympiacos FC 3-0 and GNK Dinamo Zagreb 5-0.
- Bayern could make it 13 successive victories in all competitions this season if they beat Arsenal.
- The visitors are still without a number of first-team regulars. Mario Götze (groin), Arjen Robben, Holger Badstuber (both fitness), Medhi Benatia (thigh) and Franck Ribery (ankle) did not travel with the squad to London.
Arsenal: Cech - Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal - Cazorla, Coquelin - Ramsey, Özil, Sanchez - Walcott
Bayern: Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Martinez, Alaba - Alonso - Lahm, Thiago, Müller, Costa - Lewandowski