The first half of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season will go down in history. A whole host of records were smashed in one of the most spectacular Hinrunden of all time. But who were the standout players? Borussia Dortmund's Mats Hummels completes your back four!
Hummels joins fellow FIFA World Cup winner Jerome Boateng at the heart of defence. The 27-year-old ran away with the vote among @Bundesliga_EN users collecting 84 per cent of the poll, whilst amassing 69 per cent on @bundesliga_de. The talismanic centre-back featured in all but one of BVB's Bundesliga encounters during the first half of the season, chipping in with two goals and an assist as Thomas Tuchel's side went in at the winter break as the highest scoring side in Germany's top flight.
Remember: The winner is the man who picks up the most votes from both the @Bundesliga_EN and @bundesliga_de polls combined.
Club: Borussia Dortmund
- Hummels falls just short of Boateng in the challenges won stakes with a nevertheless impressive record of 71 per cent won.
- In his 16 appearances this season the BVB skipper has given away just nine fouls, picking up one yellow card in the process.
- Has netted two goals already this term.
- Watch Hummels turn provider with a fantastic assist for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Club: SV Darmstadt 98
- Has won 64 per cent of his challenges, a better record than he had in the Bundesliga 2 last season (62 per cent).
- At the other end of the pitch the Darmstadt captain has netted four times – more than any other Bundesliga centre-back.
- Scored a dramatic late equaliser in Dortmund on Matchday 7.
- Silenced Bayer 04 Leverkusen's BayArena with a surprise winner back on Matchday 4.
Club: FC Schalke 04
- Has played every minute of the season so far.
- Has completed an impressive 83.7 per cent of his passes.
- Has scored two goals - both with his head.
- See how the Cameroon international fares in a game of keepie uppies here.
Club: FC Ingolstadt 04
- Has featured in each of his side's matches so far this term.
- Has enjoyed 705 touches of the ball in that time.
- Has created an impressive 17 chances and fired in 12 attempts on goal.
- Held his own against VfL Wolfsburg on Matchday 4.