- bundesliga.com users vote Lewandowski May Player of the Month.
- Bayern striker scored three in his last two games of the season.
- Finished 2015/16 as top scorer on 30 goals.
FC Bayern München striker Robert Lewandowski has been voted Bundesliga Player of the Month for May by the bundesliga.com users.
The Poland international stormed to the top of the poll, after scoring a title-clinching brace against FC Ingolstadt 04 on the penultimate weekend of the season and adding a 30th Bundesliga strike to his tally on the final day to take the coveted Torjägerkanone for the second time.
Bayer 04 Leverkusen's Copa America hopeful Charles Aranguiz came a respectable second, with in-form Borussia Mönchengladbach midfielder Andre Hahn and SV Werder Bremen relegation saviour Papy Djilobodji completing the ballot.
- Scored three goals in Bayern's two Bundesliga fixtures in May – more than anybody else in the month.
- With 30 goals, he set a new record for goals scored by a foreigner in a single season (beating the 29 scored by Klaas-Jan Huntelaar for FC Schalke 04 in 2011/12)
- Became the Bundesliga's top-scorer for the second time, after winning with 20 goals for Borussia Dortmund in 2014.
- Scored his first two Bundesliga goals in May.
- Impressed as a versatile defensive midfielder who can also attack, with good running, tackling and creative ability.
- Scored in six of his last seven games, including three goals in May.
- His brace on Matchday 33 turned the game against Bayer 04 Leverkusen and secured the Foals a place in the UEFA Champions League next season.
- Scored his first headed goal since September 2014 against Darmstadt to secure Gladbach's first away win of 2016.