- Chicharito wins by a landslide.
- Mexican partners FC Bayern's Robert Lewandowski in the Team of the Season.
- Claudio Pizarro comes in second, followed by Salomon Kalou and Sandro Wagner.
After his outstanding debut season in Germany, Bundesliga fans have voted in their droves for Bayer 04 Leverkusen's Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez to partner Robert Lewandowski up front and complete the Bundesliga Team of the Season for 2015/16.
Leverkusen's 'little pea' scored 17 goals in 28 appearances since arriving at Leverkusen last September, and in our Twitter polls on @bundesliga_EN and @bundesliga_de, he took home an astronomical 80 per cent per cent of the vote. SV Werder Bremen's veteran goalscorer Claudio Pizarro came in second (14 per cent), while Hertha Berlin's Salomon Kalou and SV Darmstadt 98's Sandro Wagner brought up the rear.
Club: Bayer 04 Leverkusen
A deadline day signing from Manchester United FC, the Mexican megastar has surpassed all expectation in his debut Bundesliga campaign. The Mexico international has been in clinical form all season for Bayer 04 Leverkusen and is now the Bundesliga's runaway leading Mexican marksman.
- Boasts an average of 3.8 shots per goal, one of the most efficient records in the Bundesliga.
- Has created 105 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
Club: SV Werder Bremen
The legendary veteran has shown no signs of ageing in this his 16th season in the Bundesliga. The evergreen Peru international has rolled back the years in 2015/16, chalking up some notable best-marks en route to becoming SV Werder Bremen's all-time leading Bundesliga goalscorer.
- Has now scored 102 goals for Bremen.
- Became the oldest player to score a Bundesliga hat-trick in the 4-1 win over Leverkusen on Matchday 24.
- Has had a hand in 14 goals (14 goals, two assists) in 28 appearances, only 17 of which were in the starting XI.
- Has scored five of the six penalties he has taken.
Club: Hertha Berlin
Kalou has rediscovered his best form in 2015/16, following a testing debut season in Germany's top flight. The hard-running Cote d'Ivoire international has hit double figures for the first time in a Hertha Berlin shirt, with his penchant for a counter-attack just another reason why the Old Lady have challenged for a top-four finish.
- Has had a hand in 16 goals this season (14 goals, two assists).
- Has now scored in double digits in a single season in four different leagues (Eredivisie, Premier League, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga).
- Has completed 76.5 per cent of his passes.
Club: SV Darmstadt 98
It is strange to think Wagner started the season on the SV Darmstadt 98 bench. Since Matchday 6, however, the former FC Bayern München youth player has become one of Dirk Schuster's irreplaceables as well as a firm favourite with the fans. Without his goals, the Lilies might not be where they are today.
- Six of his 13 goals have been scored with his head.
- Has had a hand in 17 goals (13 goals, four assists) - his best ever single-season return.
- Has won 46.2 per cent of his aerial duels.
- Has featured in all but two of Darmstadt's Bundesliga matches.