- Reus named as left midfielder
- Dortmund man beats off competition from Bayern's Costa and Gladbach's Johnson
- Reus becomes fourth BVB representative to be named in season dream XI.
The 2015/16 Bundesliga Team of the Season is slowly taking shape, with Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus the latest to be named in the final line-up by the Bundesliga's users on Twitter.
Across the two Twitter polls on @bundesliga_EN and @bundesliga_de, the 27-year-old beat off stiff competition to win the contest by claiming 47.8 per cent of the overall vote. That was well ahead of FC Bayern München's Brazil international Douglas Costa, Borussia Mönchengladbach's USA winger Fabian Johnson and 1. FSV Mainz 05's Jairo Samperio.
Club: Borussia Dortmund
Reus has been directly involved in more goals this season than the 2014/15 campaign (12) as part of a dynamic frontline alongside the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Shinji Kagawa. With speed and trickery, Reus is always capable of changing a game in the blink of an eye.
- Has had a hand in 15 goals (12 goals, three assists).
- 11 of his 12 goals were scored with his right foot.
- Has created 115 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
- Has completed 82 per cent of his passes.
Club: Bayer 04 Leverkusen
All but single-handedly inspired Bayer 04 Leverkusen into the UEFA Champions League next season with goal after goal in a run of seven straight wins up to Matchday 33. Clinical finisher but equally creative in a dynamic Leverkusen attacking play.
- Second teenager to score in six Bundesliga games in a row (Matchday 26-32) after 1. FC Köln's Dieter Müller in 1974.
- Has scored nine goals, his best ever return in a Bundesliga season.
- Has only featured in the starting line-up 18 times.
Club: FC Bayern München
A candidate for signing of the season, Costa has been a revelation with FC Bayern München. Capable of exploding over the first ten yards of a sprint, with or without the ball, the Brazilian is a nightmare to defend against and one of the best providers in the Bundesliga.
- Only Raffael (10) and Henrikh Mkhitaryan (15) have provided more assists than Costa (nine).
- Has created 133 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
- Has attempted 96 crosses.
Club: Borussia Mönchengladbach
The USMNT winger has shown a good mix of attacking threat and defensive solidity in the 2015/16 campaign and provides a great sense of balance in his role as part of Gladbach's dynamic frontline.
- Has had a hand in 10 goals (six goals, four assists).
- Has completed 77.1 per cent of his passes.
- Boasts a 100 per cent crossing accuracy.