Cologne are looking to get back to winning ways after back-to-back defeats, but it will be anything but straightforward as Champions League-chasing Hoffenheim come to town on Friday night (kick-off 20:30CEST/18:30GMT).
Cologne: Horn – Klünter, Sörensen, Heintz, Hector – Bittencourt, Jojic, Lehmann (c), Rausch – Osako, Modeste
Coach: Peter Stöger
Absentees: Risse (rehab after cruciate ligament tear), Guirassy (muscle), Zoller (muscle)
Hoffenheim: Baumann – Bicakcic, Vogt, Süle – Toljan, Rudy (c), Zuber – Demirbay, Kramaric – Szalai, Wagner
Coach: Julian Nagelsmann
Absentees: Hübner (suspended)
- Cologne have already lost twice as many games in the Rückrunde (6) as in the whole of the Hinrunde (3).
- Cologne have lost just one of their last ten Bundesliga matches against TSG – 4-0 earlier this season.
- Anthony Modeste joined Cologne from Hoffenheim in 2015. He had 19 goals in 55 Bundesliga appearances for TSG.
- Hoffenheim are on the verge of a club-record 55 points. They can also match their previous best of 15 wins in a season with victory in Cologne, as well as ensuring European qualification.
- Hoffenheim did not lose once on the road in the Hinrunde, but have already lost three of their six away from home since Christmas.
- Adam Szalai has needed just 13 shots for his seven goals this season, which is the most efficient ratio in the Bundesliga.