- Bavarian rivals meet for the second time in four days.
- Augsburg beaten Bayern only twice - when they were already champions.
- Bayern keen to keep ahead of the competition.
FC Augsburg and FC Bayern München renew acquaintances for the second time in just four days on Saturday, with the visitors determined to extend their lead at the top of the table (kick-off 15:30CEST/13:30GMT).
After meeting in the DFB Cup in midweek, it is back to the Bundesliga for the Bavarian duo. Augsburg have only won twice in the league so far this season and need the three points to steer clear of the relegation zone. However, they have only triumphed against their neighbours once before at home – back in April 2014. Meanwhile, captain Paul Verhaegh and Daniel Baier are both preparing to meet Bayern for the 11th time.
Bayern have got back to winning ways in the Bundesliga, but with several teams breathing down their necks near the summit, there can be no relaxing for Carlo Ancelotti's men. The leaders drew twice in a row before last weekend's convincing victory at home to Borussia Mönchengladbach set them on the right track once more. And while Bayern's record against Augsburg is excellent, the victories have invariably been hard-fought affairs.
- Augsburg have lost more games against Bayern (eight) than against any other club in the Bundesliga.
- Augsburg's only two wins over Bayern have both come towards the end of seasons, when their Bavarian neighbours had already been crowned champions.
- Robert Lewandowski has not scored in his last five Bundesliga games – his longest drought in a Bayern shirt.
- The Pole has scored 11 goals in ten games against Augsburg, however. They are the opponents he has scored the most against in the Bundesliga.
- Augsburg have managed only 39 shots from within their opponents' penalty area this season – fewer than any other team.
- Thomas Müller, who is still seeking his first Bundesliga goal this season, scored in both meetings with Augsburg last season.