- Leipzig and Bremen meet each other for the first time competitively.
- Bundesliga newcomers Leipzig continue to stun as they sit third in the table.
- Bremen currently three matches unbeaten.
Leipzig, despite being newcomers to the Bundesliga, have started the season in astounding fashion. Still unbeaten, they will be looking to give their home fans a show on Sunday afternoon. With victories over Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund and VfL Wolfsburg, Leipzig are a side to be taken seriously this season, with any questions as to their place in the Bundesliga being comprehensively answered so far.
Despite starting the season with three consecutive losses, Bremen have seen their season do a complete u-turn. Now going four matches unbeaten the Green-and-Whites have picked up seven points since Alexander Nouri took charge at the club.
- Leipzig are the first promoted side in 19 years to remain unbeaten after seven matches. Kaiserslautern are so far the only promoted side to win the title in 1997/98.
- Leipzig are Werder’s 54th opponent in the top flight.
- This is the first competitive meeting between Leipzig and Bremen.
- Leipzig-Bremen is the 893rd different match-up in the history of the Bundesliga.
- Werder have picked up seven points since Nouri took over, which is just one point less than FC Bayern München in the same period.
- Leipzig coach, Ralph Hasenhüttl won both matches against Bremen whilst in charge of Ingolstadt last season (1-0 and 2-0).