- Freiburg aim to continue fine form at home this season.
- Augsburg have picked up 11 points from their last six away games.
- The Bavarian club's newly signed Midfielder Jonathan Schmid returns to his former club.
Having yet to concede at home this season SC Freiburg are difficult to beat at the Schwarzwald-Stadion, however with FC Augsburg putting in impressive performances away from home, 11 points from their last six away games, it could be the perfect battle between the two on Saturday (Kick-off 15:30CEST/13:30GMT).
For the first time since joining Augsburg from TSG 189 Hoffenheim, Jonathan Schmid is returning to former club, Freiburg, for whom he had 118 appearances, and scored 20 goals. Schmidt made his debut for Augsburg last weekend in their 1-1 draw against FC Schalke 04, however will be looking for more than just the one point upon his return to the Schwarzwald-Stadion. Augsburg’s start to the Bundesliga has been something of a rollercoaster so a comfortable win against Freiburg may see Augsburg settle and slowly make their way up the table and switching places with their Matchday 8 opponents.
Of the 630 minutes of Bundesliga football played so far this season Freiburg are one of only three sides who have yet to concede a goal at home, and are not planning to let Augsburg change that on Saturday. The Black Forest club have had a relatively good start to the season as Bundesliga 2 champions, having won three and lost four. A further three points this weekend can give a huge lift to the side following their defeat to Hoffenheim, and a further boost up the table.
- The home side has been victorious in all seven of Freiburg’s matches this season.
- Freiburg have won their first three home games of a Bundesliga campaign for the first time ever and have even won their last nine at the Schwarzwald-Stadion in all competitions.
- Freiburg are yet to concede at home this season (like Hertha Berlin and Bayer 04 Leverkusen).
- Augsburg have picked up 11 points from their last six away games, but just five from their last six at home.
- Freiburg have won nine of their 11 competitive matches at home to Augsburg, keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- Halil Altintop has scored on all three of his Bundesliga appearances against Freiburg for Augsburg.