- Bayern have failed to beat Gladbach in four meetings.
- The champions have drawn their last two Bundesliga outings.
- Gladbach missed two penalties in draw with 10-man Hamburg.
FC Bayern München will be bidding for a first win over Borussia Mönchengladbach since January 2014 as they look to get their Bundesliga campaign back on track in the big game of Matchday 8 on Saturday (kick-off 18:30CEST/16:30GMT).
After dropping points against 1. FC Köln and Eintracht Frankfurt in their last two games, Carlo Ancelotti's side will be determined to get back to winning ways against their old rivals Gladbach. The Foals were the only side the Bavarians failed to beat in the Bundesliga last season, and they will be out to set the record straight at the Allianz Arena. Bayern, who are two points clear at the top, haven't gone three top-flight games without a win since May last year.
Gladbach could also do with a boost after being thrashed by FC Schalke 04 and playing out a frustrating draw with Hamburger SV. The Foals may not enjoy the same rivalry with Bayern that they did in the 1970s, when the pair shared nine straight Bundesliga titles, but they have become a thorn in the champions' side in recent seasons. Andre Schubert's charges certainly won't be overwhelmed at the Allianz, where they have only lost once since 2011, as they look to move up towards the European places.
- Both sides failed to win on Matchday 7 but Gladbach have never gone three Bundesliga games in a row without victory under Schubert.
- Bayern have dropped points after taking the lead in two consecutive Bundesliga games for the first time since March 2010.
- Bayern have gone four games without victory over Gladbach, which is their worst current run against any Bundesliga side.
- Schubert is yet to lose against Bayern, having won 3-1 at home and drawn 1-1 in Munich last season.
- FCB have won all five league games with Franck Ribery in the side this season, dropping points on both occasions without him.
- Gladbach have won just one of their last 14 away games in the Bundesliga (2-0 at SV Darmstadt 98 on Matchday 34 of last season).