- Leipzig yet to lose in first Bundesliga campaign.
- Augsburg unbeaten away from home this season.
- Clean sheets for Augsburg in last two outings.
RB Leipzig and FC Augsburg were unbeaten in their final two games of last week's Englische Woche, setting up an intriguing encounter to kick off Matchday 6 on Friday 30 September (kick-off 20:30 CEST/18:30 GMT)
Leipzig’s excellent start to life in the Bundesliga continued at 1. FC Köln on Matchday 5 with a 1-1 draw ensuring they remain unbeaten in 2016/17. Indeed, such are expectations at Red Bull Arena now that there will have been disappointment that they could not build on Oliver Burke’s early opener, but seventh place after five matches is an impressive opening to their season.
Dirk Schuster’s Augsburg have been inconsistent so far this season, and were made to work hard to overcome SV Darmstadt 98 1-0 last time out. But they are also unbeaten on the road in 2016/17, having conceded just once, and with Iceland striker Alfred Finnbogason having got off the mark for the season with the winner against Darmstadt they will be a tough proposition for Leipzig.
- Leipzig are the first promoted team since Rot-Weiß Oberhausen in 1969 not to lose any of their first five Bundesliga matches.
- Leipzig converted both of their first chances against Borussia Mönchengladbach and 1. FC Köln – Timo Werner scored in the sixth minute against Gladbach, and Oliver Burke in the fifth minute against Köln.
- Leipzig have consistently fielded the youngest team in the Bundesliga this season – the average age of their players has been just 24.3 years. By way of contrast, Augsburg have fielded the oldest team this season so far, with an average age of 28 years.
- Augsburg haven't lost a game away from home in five matches, dating back to last season.
- Finnbogason has scored seven of Augsburg’s last 15 goals.