Thirty-eight points adrift of top spot in the Official Fantasy Bundesliga experts' league, I'm slowly but surely gaining ground on Flo 'The Scout' following disastrous returns on Matchday 2 and 3.
The Englische Woche not only boasted two of the most exciting rounds of Bundesliga action this season, they also proved a lot more profitable for me in terms of points and I'm intent on maintaining that trend this weekend.
Making use of the three free transfers afforded to all coaches is key to bolstering your weekly tally, so I've picked out four Matchday 6 fixtures that have the potential to be lucrative in terms of points and price hikes. Flo may have his magnificent seven, but I was always more of a fantastic four guy myself…
Leipzig are unbeaten this season and, while Augsburg are capable of keeping time and space at a premium, Dirk Schuster's side are bereft of a clinical touch in front of goal. Ralph Hasenhüttl's charges, meanwhile, are a trigger-happy bunch, but more than comfortable getting stuck into challenges in a gritty encounter - two qualities that will reap fantasy rewards. The added bonus of having players from either side is that you can swap them out later in the weekend should they under-perform.
- Yussuf Poulsen (11.3M, 35pts): Yet to score, but has earned 22 points from challenges won alone.
- Dominik Kaiser (8.2M, 29pts): A threat in the final third. Takes corners, penalties and any non-direct free-kicks.
Hertha continue to go from strength to strength under Pal Dardai, while Hamburg are a hot mess with a new man in charge. Markus Gisdol, whose Hoffenheim side were known for conceding heavily, isn't going to be able to fix the Bundesliga ever-presents' problems in the space of a week. As a result, Hertha are in a prime position to build on their best start to a Bundesliga campaign in 46 years by picking up a third home win out of three this season.
- Mitchell Weiser (11.1M): A defender playing in midfield averaging 9 points per game? Enough said.
- Genki Haraguchi (9.2M): Hasn't missed a minute all season and has racked up 14 points from challenges won.
Though they have four points to their name courtesy of two last-minute efforts - their only two goals of the season - Darmstadt have looked far from convincing. Bremen have had similar problems, but if their performance in the 2-1 win over Wolfsburg is anything to go by then they appear to be improving under interim head coach Alexander Nouri. Considering these two sides have conceded 25 goals between them already this season, don't bank on picking up points for clean sheets.
- Serge Gnabry (10.1M): Bremen's highest-scoring fantasy player. Picked up nine points in the win over Wolfsburg without scoring a goal.
- Ousman Manneh (4M): Low budget option for your frontline. Will, at the very least, likely win plenty of challenges against Darmstadt.
Hoffenheim remain one of the more exciting sides to watch in the league considering you can guarantee goals will be scored in their games. I don't expect that to change against an Ingolstadt side with a record of two goals scored and ten conceded. A lack of goals fits last season's narrative, but the defensive instability is a worrying sign for this weekend's hosts. Hoffenheim have only been held scoreless once and I can't see that happening a second time on Saturday.
- Andrej Kramaric (11.3M): Loves a good aerial challenge and already has two goals and three assists to his name in 2016/17.
- Pavel Kaderabek (9.3M): Joint-highest point scorer against Schalke (11pts, equal with Kerem Demirbay) after winning 12 challenges and providing an assist.
Remember the key to fantasy success this season is making use of those transfers. Also don't be afraid to gamble by changing your captain during the weekend and aim for an average of 100 points per Matchday. Simple right?
Never tactics bored,
About James: When it comes to tactics and formations, you’ll struggle to find anyone as keen or as knowledgeable as James 'The Coach' Thorogood. James is Bundesliga obsessed, with Sascha Mölders, Juan Arango and Jay-Jay Okocha making up his top 3 all-time favourite players. He is regularly spotted discussing tactics with Carlo Ancelotti over a plate of pasta, and has also been seen animatedly moving salt and pepper shakers across the table while out dining with Thomas Tuchel.
Watch: How to play Official Fantasy Bundesliga: