Leverkusen - Bayer 04 Leverkusen face a stiff task to end their run of three successive Bundesliga defeats when 1.FSV Mainz 05 visit the BayArena on Wednesday (kick-off 20:00 CEST/18:00 GMT).
- Leverkusen have lost their last three Bundesliga games, the first time they have done so under Roger Schmidt.
- Last season, die Werkself won all three of their midweek games in the Bundesliga's so-called 'English weeks'.
- Mainz have recorded seven Bundesliga wins against Leverkusen, more than against any other current top-flight club, and are unbeaten in the last three visits to the BayArena.
- Mainz's tally of nine points from five games is their best start to a season since 2010/11 when they won their opening quintet of matches.
- Martin Schmidt's men have hit the woodwork six times already this season.
Leverkusen: Leno - Hilbert, Tah, Papadopoulos, Wendell - Bender, Kampl - Bellarabi, Calhanoglu - Kießling, Hernandez
Absentees: Jedvaj, Toprak, Aranguiz, Boeder
Mainz: Karius - Brosinski, Bungert, Bell, Bengtsson - Baumgartlinger, Moritz - Clemens, Malli, De Blasis - Muto
Absentees: Frei (thigh), Soto (knee), Nedelev