- Schuster takes on former club Darmstadt on Matchday 5.
- Took over from Markus Weinzierl at Augsburg in the summer.
- Both sides with four points after four matches.
The 48-year-old enjoys hero status at Darmstadt, having steered the Hessen club back to the Bundesliga after a 33-year absence and masterminded their top-flight survival last term, but now presides over an Augsburg outfit enjoying their sixth successive campaign at Germany's top table. Die Fuggerstädter are unbeaten on the road this season, but have yet to win in front of their own fans.
In Schuster's stead, Norbert Meier has made a decent enough start to his tenure as Darmstadt head coach. The Lilies have taken four points from a possible six at home, but are still searching for their first away points of the season following a 2-0 defeat to 1. FC Köln and a 6-0 hiding at the hands of Borussia Dortmund.
- Augsburg are in danger of losing their first three home matches of the season for the first time.
- Augsburg kept their first clean sheet of the season against Leverkusen last time out.
- Augsburg have committed a league-high 72 fouls so far this season.
- Darmstadt's only two goals of the season have been scored in the dying stages by substitutes.
- Darmstadt took four from a possible six points from games against Augsburg last season.
- Darmstadt captain Aytac Sulu and Augsburg skipper Paul Verhaegh were the highest-scoring defenders in the Bundesliga last season with seven and six goals respectively.