- Niko Kovac faces his former club and former team-mate.
- Both sides with three wins and a defeat to date.
- Alexander Meier with particularly good record against Hertha.
The Eagles have taken flight since suffering the uncertainty of a relegation play-off at the end of last season, winning three and losing just one so far this term. The form of Marco Fabian has been inspiring, while attacking midfielder Alexander Meier has been at his best again as Niko Kovac's side have climbed into the top four.
Hertha have the very same record of three wins and a defeat, that loss coming only in midweek at the hands of FC Bayern München and ending a perfect record in their opening three encounters. Coach Pal Dardai will hope that derailment will only be temporary, though, as the Old Lady look to bounce back to winning ways this weekend.
- Although born in Berlin, this will be the first time Kovac will face Hertha as a coach – he played for the Old Lady twice (from 1991 to 1996 and 2003 to 2006).
- Dardai and Kovac were team-mates during the Croatian's second stint at the club.
- Three of the last four meetings between these two teams ended in a draw.
- Berlin have scored more goals against Frankfurt than against any other team (99).
- Should Hertha win in Frankfurt, it would be their eighth win there – making it their happiest hunting ground. Their 43 goals scored in Frankfurt is also a club record on their travels.
- Since being promoted in 2013, Hertha have scored seven goals in six games against Frankfurt, with Meier supplying five of them – including at least one in each of the last four meetings.