- Gladbach chasing tenth home Bundesliga win in a row.
- Ingolstadt have lost their last three.
- Kauczinski still awaiting first win as Ingolstadt coach.
Gladbach needed a late Fabian Johnson goal to salvage a point against RB Leipzig in midweek and while their away form remains a nagging concern, their record in front of their own fans is quite exceptional. Already boasting wins over Bayer 04 Leverkusen and SV Werder Bremen so far this season, Andre Schubert's side have not lost at home in the Bundesliga since a 3-1 defeat to Borussia Dortmund on 23 January 2016.
Ingolstadt, in contrast, have not had the ideal start to life under new coach Markus Kauczinski, and come into this game with just one point to show for their first four matches of the season. The Bavarians are conceding an average of two goals per game at present, an issue which must be addressed ahead of the visit to a Foals side brimming with attacking menace.
- Last season Gladbach failed to score against Ingolstadt, drawing 0-0 at home and losing 1-0 away.
- Schubert has averaged a club-record 1.9 points per game since taking charge of Gladbach last September.
- Gladbach have won their last nine home games in a row.
- Ingolstadt's nine-match winless run is the longest of all current Bundesliga clubs.
- Ingolstadt are without a win in a Bundesliga-high 15 away matches.
- Australia international Mathew Leckie made nine substitute appearances for Gladbach in 2011/12.