- HSV unbeaten in nine against Freiburg.
- Hosts eying consecutive home wins record.
- Hamburg winless after opening three games.
SC Freiburg welcome a troubled Hamburger SV to their Schwarzwald-Stadion base on Tuesday (kick-off 20:00 CEST/18:00 GMT), with last season's Bundesliga 2 champions eying a new record at their Black Forest home.
Following consecutive defeats on the road this term, Freiburg coach Christian Streich will be happy to get his team back on home soil, where, having triumphed in their last seven games, are one win shy of a club record. Their task will be far from straightforward, however, having failed to beat HSV in nine of the teams' last meetings.
In the relegation zone for the first time since the opening day last season, Hamburg are in need of a lift following a winless start to their campaign. The omens are good for Bruno Labbadia's team, however, with the Bundesliga's only ever-present side unbeaten in their last four visits to the Schwarzwald-Stadion.
- All four of Freiburg's Bundesliga goals this season have been scored after the break.
- All eight goals Hamburg have conceded this season have been scored in the second half, and seven have been scored by substitutes.
- Freiburg are seeking a first win against HSV in nine attempts.
- Hamburg have picked up just one point from three games and have made a worse start to the Bundesliga on only three previous occasions.
- Hamburg goalkeeper Rene Adler has enjoyed a good record against Freiburg, never conceding a goal in three wins and a draw in his four appearances against the south-western side.