- Both sides defeated on Matchday 3.
- Augsburg unbeaten in four away from home.
- One win each so far this season.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez put his side on terms after they fell behind to Eintracht Frankfurt, but a winner from fellow Mexican Marco Fabian condemned Leverkusen to their second away loss of current campaign. However, Roger Schmidt’s side are unbeaten at home in all competitions so far.
Konstantinos Stafylidis' equaliser gave Augsburg hope of at least a point against 1. FSV Mainz 05, but two quick goals saw Die Függerstädter slip to a second defeat of the season at their own WWK ARENA. A run of four unbeaten games away from home, stretching back into last season, bodes well for Dirk Schuster's outfit.
- Leverkusen are in danger of losing three of their four opening Bundesliga matches of the season for only the second time in their history, the first being in 1982/83.
- Bayer striker Javier Hernandez scored his first Bundesliga goal of the season on Matchday 3.
- Leverkusen's Hakan Calhanoglu, 22, is in line to make his 100th Bundesliga appearance.
- Augsburg are unbeaten in their last four away matches in the Bundesliga dating back to last season.
- Augsburg have never beaten Leverkusen in 10 attempts in the Bundesliga.
- The last three meetings between the two clubs have ended in draws.