- BVB stunned by RB Leipzig on Matchday 2.
- Late strike handed Darmstadt derby win over Frankfurt.
- Last season, Darmstadt drew 2-2 at SIGNAL IDUNA PARK.
Borussia Dortmund will be out to avenge a shock 1-0 loss at the hands of Bundesliga new boys RB Leipzig as they entertain SV Darmstadt 98 at SIGNAL IDUNA PARK on Saturday (kick-off 15:30 CEST / 13:30 GMT).
The hosts will be desperate to get back to winning ways on Saturday, and avoid losing touch with their title rivals at the business end of the Bundesliga table. Mario Götze made his first appearance since joining from FC Bayern München in the summer last week - and found the net in the 6-0 win against Legia Warszawa in the UEFA Champions League in midweek - but BVB were undone by a late goal from Naby Keita at the Red Bull Arena.
Darmstadt left it late to earn the bragging rights in last weekend’s Hesse derby against Eintracht Frankfurt, but substitute Sandro Sirigu came up with the goods in the 90th minute, to give Die Lilien their first points of the season. Another win would see Norbert Meier's side leapfrog their opponents and move up into the top half of the table.
- Dortmund are unbeaten in 15 home Bundesliga matches under Thomas Tuchel (15 wins, three draws) and 22 dating back to Jürgen Klopp's tenure.
- The two Bundesliga goals conceded by Dortmund so far this season have come in the dying stages, both efforts scored by substitutes.
- Former Lilies midfielder Sebastian Rode was last directly involved in two Bundesliga goals in FC Bayern München's 3-0 win at Darmstadt last September (one goal, one assist).
- Darmstadt's victory over Frankfurt gave Norbert Meier his first Bundesliga win since since 16 February 2013.
- Until last weekend, Darmstadt had never won a Bundesliga game earlier than Matchday 4.
- Since gaining promotion to the top-flight in 2015, Darmstadt have lost all four games that defender Peter Niemeyer has missed.