- Gnabry set for Bremen debut.
- Schuster seeking maiden Bundesliga win at the Augsburg helm.
- Both sides suffered Matchday 1 defeats.
The 21-year-old has left Arsenal FC in search of regular first-team football and could be just the spark needed for a Bremen side without a competitive win this season following their shock DFB Cup first-round exit at the hands of 3. Liga outfit Sportfreunde Lotte and the 6-0 drubbing away to defending champions FC Bayern München on Bundesliga Matchday 1.
Unlike Bremen, Augsburg progressed to the DFB Cup second round, but a 2-0 home defeat to VfL Wolfsburg prior to the international break leaves Dirk Schuster still searching for his first Bundesliga win since replacing Markus Weinzierl, now of FC Schalke 04, as head coach in the summer.
- Bremen and Augsburg both failed to score in respective defeats on Matchday 1.
- Since gaining promotion to the Bundesliga in 2011, Augsburg have never recorded a win in one of their opening two matches of the season.
- Augsburg collected seven points from their last three away matches in 2015/16.
- Both teams have scored in eight of the ten meetings between Bremen and Augsburg (31 goals in total - an average of three per game).
- Augsburg won last season's corresponding fixture 2-1.
- Dirk Schuster picked up four points from two games against Bremen, whilst in charge of SV Darmstadt 98 last term.
The venue: Weser Stadium
Bremen: Wiedwald - Gebre Selassie, Sane, Caldirola, Bauer - Fritz, Grillitsch - Gnabry, Junuzovic, Bartels - Johannsson
Absentees: Bargfrede (meniscus), Garcia, Kruse (both thigh)
Head coach: Viktor Skripnik
Augsburg: Hitz - Verhaegh, Gouweleeuw, Hinteregger, Max - Kohr, Baier - Schmid, Koo, Caiuby - Bobadilla
Absentees: Callsen-Bracker (shin), Friedrich (knock), Verhaegh (ankle)
Head coach: Dirk Schuster