- Darmstadt eyeing first win of the season.
- Lilies lost 2-0 at Köln last time out.
- Frankfurt beat ten-man Schalke 1-0 on Matchday 1.
The newly-named Jonathan-Heimes-Stadion am Böllenfalltor plays host to the first Hessenderby of the season on Saturday as SV Darmstadt 98 welcome local rivals Eintracht Frankfurt (kick-off 15:30CEST/13:30GMT).
Lilies supporter Johnny Heimes was a former tennis prodigy who tragically lost his battle with cancer in March at the age of just 26, and Norbert Meier’s side will undoubtedly be doing their utmost to honour his memory - and make up for Matchday 1’s 2-0 defeat to 1. FC Köln - with victory against their neighbours.
Frankfurt began their campaign with a 1-0 victory over ten-man FC Schalke 04. Only a combination of wayward finishing and impressive goalkeeping prevented the Eagles from winning by a more comfortable margin, but Eintracht will need a repeat performance to collect another three points this weekend.
- For the first time in their Bundesliga history, Darmstadt kicked-off their fourth top-flight campaign with an opening-day defeat.
- Alexander Meier is set to become the tenth player in Eintracht Frankfurt history to reach 250 Bundesliga appearances.
- Of the 18 clubs currently playing their trade in the Bundesliga, Eintracht, FC Ingolstadt 04, RB Leipzig and Darmstadt are the only ones against whom Meier has yet to score.
- The Eagles collected their first points away from home under Niko Kovac in last season’s 2-1 win in Darmstadt.
- Frankfurt last won their opening two matches of the season in 2012/13.
- Eintracht amassed the fewest points away from home in the Bundesliga last season; Darmstadt accrued the fewest at home.
The venue: Jonathan-Heimes-Stadion am Böllenfalltor
Darmstadt: Esser - Fedetsky, Höhn, Milosevic, Holland - Niemeyer, Gondorf - Vrancic, Ben-Hatira, Heller - Schipplock
Absentees: Platte (hip), Rosenthal (heel), Sulu (calf)
Head coach: Norbert Meier
Frankfurt: Hradecky - Varela, Vallejo, Abraham, Oczipka - Hasebe, Mascarell - Huszti, Gacinovic, Meier - Hrgota
Absentees: Anderson, Stendera (both knee), Hector (suspended), Russ (tumour), Tawatha, Medojevic (both light training)
Head coach: Niko Kovac