- Bundesliga's newest club meet oldest.
- Leipzig prevailed 4-0 in Hamburg earlier this term.
- Walace could make HSV debut.
RB Leipzig have been on a slight downward turn in recent matchdays. The 1-0 loss at Borussia Dortmund last weekend made it three defeats in six games for Ralph Hasenhüttl's side, meaning a repeat of the the Eastern upstarts' 4-0 victory on Matchday 3 against Hamburg would be welcome at the Red Bull Arena.
Having secured a first victory of 2017 against Bayer 04 Leverkusen last weekend, Hamburg are on an upward curve, underlined by a 2-0 victory against 1. FC Köln in the DFB Cup. Exciting new Brazilian midfielder Walace is yet to make a full Bundesliga debut, although if he features this weekend it will be a baptism of fire: Leipzig have the league's best home record (W8 D1).
- After starting the season with 13-game unbeaten run, Leipzig have lost three of the last six.
- The Bundesliga new boys managed fewer shots on goal against Dortmund (two) than in any of their previous top-flight matches.
- The game pits the Bundesliga's newest addition, Leipzig, against the only ever-present founding member, Hamburg.
- Matchday 3's contest ended 4-0 in Leipzig's favour - their biggest Bundesliga win to date and HSV's heaviest defeat of the current campaign.
- After taking only two points from their first 10 games of the season, Hamburg have collected 14 in the ensuing nine.
- HSV won more tackles in the win over Leverkusen (131) than in any of their previous games this season.