Sinsheim - In their first away game of the season, FC Bayern München make the trip to Sinsheim to face a TSG 1899 Hoffenheim side that have never beaten the Bavarians in their seven seasons of top-flight existence.
Having scored five without reply in the official season opener, the Reds' title defence has got off to the perfect start. For Hoffenheim, on the end of a narrow 2-1 loss at Bayer 04 Leverkusen last time out, an even sterner test awaits this week, with Pep Guardiola's men looking to build on a run of ten wins and four draws from the sides' 14 league encounters. bundesliga.com previews the action at the WIRSOL Rhine-Neckar-Arena...
- Bayern sit top of the table after Matchday 1 for a record tenth time. In five of the previous nine such instances, that is where they have finished at the end of the season.
- Hoffenheim and Hamburger SV are the only Bundesliga teams without a competitive win this term after defeats in the DFB Cup first round and on Matchday 1.
- Hoffenheim could find themselves on the end of successive season-opening defeats for the second time since 2012/13, if they lose to Bayern.
- The last of Kevin Kuranyi’s 111 Bundesliga goals came against Bayern, while the last of Arturo Vidal’s Bundesliga strikes came against Hoffenheim.
- Hoffenheim have faced 27 different Bundesliga teams, but Bayern are the only one they are yet to beat.
- Bayern striker Robert Lewandowski has put more goals past Oliver Baumann than any other goalkeeper (nine).
- David Alaba has gone 99 games without being booked. Baumann is the only other current Bundesliga player on a longer card-less run.
Possible line-ups: Baumann - Kaderabak, Schär, Süle, Kim - Schwegeler, Polanski - Zuber, Volland, Schmid - Kuranyi
Absentees: Hamad (knee), Herdling (knee)
Possible line-ups: Neuer - Boateng, Benatia, Alaba - Lahm, Alonso - Robben, Vidal, T. Müller, Douglas Costa - Lewandowski
Absentees: Badstuber (knee), Martinez (knee), Kirchhoff (knee), Ribery (ankle)