There can be little debate about the inclusion of FC Bayern München striker Robert Lewandowski in the shortlist for the standout player on Matchday 1. The Pole struck three times in the champions' 6-0 thrashing of SV Werder Bremen on Friday.
Last season's top scorer in the Bundesliga picked up where he left to lead the champions to a convincing opening day victory. But did he do enough to earn your vote as Matchday 1 MVP?
Top facts - Lewandowski
- ...three goals represents the Pole's biggest-ever haul on the opening day.
- ...with a whopping 12 shots on goal, Lewandowski could have had even more!
- ...after scoring three in the DFB Cup last week, Lewandowski now has two straight hat-tricks to his name this season.
- Lewandowski scored his 48th, 49th and 50th goals for Bayern against Bremen: no player in Bundesliga history has ever scored 50 goals for any club faster than the 64 games it took the Pole. Roy Makaay (Bayern) and Uwe Seeler (Hamburger SV) both took 67 games to hit the landmark, while Gerd Müller took 83 games.
- ...his performance would have earned 24 Official Fantasy Bundesliga points...48 if he'd been your captain!
Watch: All 30 of the goals that made Lewandowski top scorer last season