VfL Wolfsburg will be looking to recover from a first home defeat in 30 Bundesliga matches when they welcome fellow northern side Hamburger SV to the Volkswagen Arena on Saturday (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT).
Click here for the reaction to Wolfsburg's Champions League victory over Manchester United on Tuesday
- Wolfsburg lost 2-1 to Borussia Dortmund on home turf on Matchday 15, their first Bundesliga defeat at the Volkswagen Arena in 30 league games.
- This fixture has never ended goalless.
- Wolfsburg are on an eight-game unbeaten streak against Hamburg (four wins and four 1-1 draws).
- The Wolves have won each of the last three meetings with HSV – their longest ever winning run against their northern rivals.
- Only against FC Schalke 04 have Wolfsburg drawn more games (14) than against Hamburg (13).
- HSV have won only one of their last 11 meetings with the Wolves, a 1-0 triumph in February 2011.
- That game was also the only time in the last 16 encounters that Hamburg did not concede a goal against Wolfsburg.
Wolfsburg: Benaglio (c) – Vieirinha, Naldo, Klose, Rodriguez – Caligiuri, Guilavogui, Arnold, Draxler – Schürrle, Kruse
Hamburg: Drobny - Sakai, Cleber, Djourou (c), Ostrzolek - Jung, Holtby - Müller, Gregoritsch, Ilicevic - Schipplock
Absentees: Adler (hip), Diekmeier (ankle), Spahic (ankle), Ekdal (ankle), Kacar (knee), Lasogga (shoulder).