- Fifth-placed Dortmund 10 points adrift of leaders Bayern and Leipzig.
- Augsburg lost only one of their last six games.
- Aubameyang has netted two Bundesliga hat-tricks against FCA.
With only one win in their last four Bundesliga outings, Dortmund will be determined to get back on a track against an Augsburg side they beat three times in all competitions last season. After draws against 1. FC Köln and TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, Thomas Tuchel's side have slipped 10 points behind leaders FC Bayern München and RB Leipzig, who meet at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday. They will see this final outing of the year as a chance to boost their title hopes, while the Bundesliga's top scorer, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, will be looking to add to his two league hat-tricks against FCA.
Augsburg claimed their first win in five Bundesliga matches last time out, as they edged Borussia Mönchengladbach. A positive start for interim coach Manuel Baum, who took over from Dirk Schuster last week. In spite of a blip against Hamburger SV on Matchday 14, Die Fuggerstädter have had some encouraging results in recent weeks, drawing with high-fliers Hertha Berlin, Köln and Eintracht Frankfurt. If they can secure just their second ever win over Dortmund, they could even move into the top half of the table for the first time this season.
- Dortmund are unbeaten in a club-record 28 home games.
- Baum is the first Augsburg coach to win his first Bundesliga game in charge.
- BVB have dropped points in eight games already this season; they did that on only ten occasions in the whole of 2015/16.
- Augsburg have 17 points from 15 games, which is their third-best tally in the Bundesliga.
- The Fuggerstädter have only beaten Borussia once (1-0 in February 2015 in Dortmund).
- Die Schwarzgelben have scored 27 goals assisted by a pass this season. That is the most in the league and more than 14 teams combined.