- Top versus bottom as Leipzig visit Ingolstadt.
- League leaders in excellent form.
- Ingolstadt hoping for upturn in fortunes under new coach Walpurgis.
Ingolstadt slipped down to 18th last week following a 2-1 defeat in Bremen, their first loss under new coach Maik Walpurgis, who posted a win and a draw in his first two games in charge. The 43-year-old can take heart from his charges' spirited display on Matchday 13, but knows that home form is key to Die Schanzer's ambitions of climbing the table: Ingolstadt are yet to win at the Audi-Sportpark this term.
Leipzig, by way of contrast, are unbeaten and flying high at the top of the league thanks to a run of eight consecutive wins, most recently a 2-1 triumph over FC Schalke 04. Coach Ralph Hasenhüttl, who left Ingolstadt for the newly promoted outfit over the summer, has got his young charges playing with a fearless, fast-paced style that has yielded great rewards thus far. Perhaps ominously for Saturday's hosts, Leipzig have the best away record in the Bundesliga this season with five wins and two draws.
- Leipzig have won their last eight consecutive Bundesliga matches. In the last three years, FC Bayern München are the only other team to have recorded such a winning streak.
- Of the 11 teams to have had 33 points or more at this stage of a season, nine ended up as champions. VfB Stuttgart (2003/04) and Bayer 04 Leverkusen (2001/02) are the odd ones out.
- Every team to have gone the first 13 league games without defeat have finished in the top four.
- Coach Ralph Hasenhüttl returns to his former club, where he was in charge for 997 days.
- Ingolstadt have fielded the exact same starting XI in all three games under new coach Maik Walpurgis. However, they will have to reshuffle things here, as Markus Suttner is suspended.
- This meeting pits the Bundesliga's youngest clubs together: Ingolstadt were founded in 2004, Leipzig in 2009.
- Leipzig have scored seven goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season, with six of those arriving no later than the sixth minute.