- Köln looking to bounce back from heavy TSG defeat.
- Dortmund head in with confidence after Gladbach victory.
- The league's top scorers face off in Cologne.
The Billy Goats’ usually resolute defence was breached four times by TSG 1899 Hoffenheim last time out, which was Peter Stöger’s heaviest defeat as Köln coach. Eager to bounce back from that, they have tough challenge on Matchday 14 as the division’s top scorers arrive in Cologne. However, Köln are still unbeaten at home this season, conceding just twice, and would be able to leapfrog their opponents into an automatic UEFA Europa League position with a win.
Dortmund come into this one on the back of a convincing 4-1 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach last weekend. Whilst the victory was impressive, particularly thanks to Marco Reus’ hat-trick of assists, BVB still find themselves nine points off first-placed RB Leipzig and know that they cannot afford to lose more ground in the title race.
- Köln have won their last two home games against BVB 2-1 and Peter Stöger is still unbeaten against them.
- Dortmund have not beaten the Billy Goats for four games - their longest winless run against any current top-flight side.
- The league’s two top scorers meet in this fixture. Köln’s Anthony Modeste has 12 goals while Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leads the race for the Torjägerkanone on 15.
- Aubameyang has scored against 15 of the 18 current Bundesliga clubs, but never against Köln.
- Modeste came off the bench for the first time for Köln and scored the winning goal when BVB last visited Cologne.
- Both clubs are without their first-choice keepers (Timo Horn and Roman Bürki) through injury until next year.