Good news for Borussia Dortmund, who learned today that star attacking midfielder Marco Reus will be available for Friday's Matchday 13 opener having returned to full fitness.

The 26-year-old Germany international had been out of competitive action after picking up a muscle injury during the UEFA Europa League win over FK Qäbälä a fortnight ago. Having resumed light training last week, however, Reus' performance on the training ground on Thursday appeared immensely heartening for Dortmund head coach Thomas Tuchel.

Sahin and Durm back in contention

"He trained brilliantly," he said, "it made me very happy to see him playing like that on the pitch again". Asked whether Reus would be a candidate for the starting line-up in BVB's upcoming clash at Hamburg, Tuchel replied: "Absolutely!"

Reus' return means that Tuchel now has a completely injury-free squad, with long-term patients Nuri Sahin and Erik Durm also back in training. The former 1. FSV Mainz boss warned that it may take some time for the duo to return to full match fitness, though.

“It's important that we don't put pressure on them,” he said, adding: "It's really great to see (Sahin) back on the pitch after he's had to be so patient.”