- Schalke unbeaten in last four Bundesliga matches.
- Royal Blues have scored seven without reply in last two home games.
- Bremen have one point from a possible 12 away from home this term.
Memories of a poor start to the season are receding for the Royal Blues, who are now unbeaten in four and up to 12th going in to Matchday 10 after holding Borussia Dortmund to a 0-0 draw in a gripping Revierderby. Their last two outings at the VELTINS Arena have reaped seven goals with none conceded, making Markus Weinzierl’s side one of the form teams in the Bundesliga.
Bremen head to the Ruhr region on the back of two straight defeats that have seen them slip below Sunday’s opponents in the table. Die Grün-Weißen have earned just one point from a possible 12 away from home so far, and will be keen to stop their slide ahead of the international break.
- After losing their opening five matches, Schalke are now unbeaten in four.
- Both Schalke’s victories this season have come at home in the Sunday evening game.
- Schalke have only lost one of their last 12 Bundesliga meetings with Bremen.
- However, Bremen did win the last game between the two (3-1).
- Werder have set a new unwanted club record with 24 goals conceded after nine matches.
- Bremen are still searching for their first win on the road this season.