- Leverkusen boosted by dramatic comeback on Matchday 9.
- Darmstadt looking for first points on the road.
- Both sides seeking to restore consistency.
Die Werkself were a few minutes away from defeat at VfL Wolfsburg last week, but goals in quick succession from Admir Mehmedi and Tin Jedvaj saved the day and ended the prospect of a third straight loss in the Bundesliga. After their Champions League exploits midweek, three points at home on Saturday could see them take a stride towards the European places once again.
Darmstadt’s inconsistency came back to haunt them at home with a 2-0 defeat by RB Leipzig on Matchday 9. An inability to follow up on victories with points next time out coupled with an away record of four losses from four, leaves Norbert Meier's side determined to buck the trend and start moving up the table again.
- Leverkusen are the only team to have won three times despite going behind this season.
- Three of Bayer’s four victories this season have followed a 1-0 deficit.
- Coach Roger Schmidt will return to the bench following suspension.
- This fixture was won by the respective away side last season.
- Aytac Sulu headed Darmstadt to their first Bundesliga win in 33 years in the corresponding fixture last year.
- Darmstadt are the only side in the league without a point away from home so far this season.