Munich - FC Bayern München could become the first team in history to win 1000 Bundesliga matches if they can extend their record-breaking start to the season and overcome 1. FC Köln at the Allianz Arena on Saturday afternoon (kick-off 15:30 CEST/13:30 GMT).
- Bayern have won 999 Bundesliga matches to date, so victory on Saturday would see them reach a significant milestone.
- No side has ever won their opening ten games in a Bundesliga season before.
- Köln have not beaten the team at the top of the league in a Bundesliga game for almost 22 years.
- Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Müller have 21 Bundesliga goals between them so far. No strike duo has ever had as many at such an early stage in the season.
- Köln are the only team Bayern haven't won at least 50 per cent of their home fixtures against, with 20 victories from 42 matches.
Bayern: Neuer - Lahm, Javi Martinez, Boateng, Alaba - Robben, Xabi Alonso, Thiago, Douglas Costa - T. Müller, Lewandowski
Köln: Horn - Olkowski, Sörensen, Heintz, Hector - M. Lehmann, Gerhardt - Risse, Osako, Bittencourt - Modeste