Even a place in the final could be enough to secure the Swabians a place on the continent, provided FC Bayern Munich are their opponents in Berlin on 1 June, as by then the record champions should have marched to a 23rd national title. But all talk of Europe aside, Bruno Labbadia and his charges are likely to be left ruing a sobering campaign unless they can pull off one of the late-season resurgences they've become famous for in recent seasons.
- Stuttgart have covered more distance than any other side in the Bundesliga so far this term, with a collective average of 120.2 kilometres per game. Furthermore, only Borussia Dortmund boast more sprints (186) than VfB (181).
- Last weekend's win in Frankfurt means Stuttgart are no longer the worst side of 2013. After four defeats in a row, the three points lifted them above Greuther Fürth in the calendar year rankings.
- Only FC Bayern Munich have won more games away from home (12) than Stuttgart's six on their travels.
- Stuttgart have won just one of their seven home matches so far in 2013, and that was in the DFB Cup against second-tier VfL Bochum. They are the only team still to have five home matches left this season, and just three away.
- Never before have Stuttgart scored so few goals (28) after 26 matchdays.
- No other team has as few goalscorers as Stuttgart in their squad this season (seven). Furthermore, a Swabian substitute has yet to find the target this term.
has accounted for 43 per cent of Stuttgart’s goals this season, leaving little doubt as to how reliant the Swabians are on their Bosnian striker. Enjoying one of his most successful seasons his first campaign in the top flight with 1899 Hoffenheim in 2007/08, when a serious knee injury stopped him in his tracks, Ibisevic will be keen to remain injury-free between now and May.
- Matchday 27: Borussia Dortmund (H)
- Matchday 28: Hannover 96 (A)
- Matchday 29: Borussia Mönchengladbach (H)
- Matchday 30: SC Freiburg (H)
- Matchday 31: FC Augsburg (A)
- Matchday 32: Greuther Fürth (H)
- Matchday 33: FC Schalke 04 (A)
- Matchday 34: FSV Mainz 05 (H)