- Chile international Vidal the clear winner
- Midfielder took 46 per cent of the overall vote
- Dortmund's Ilkay Gündogan came in second.
You have voted in your droves for FC Bayern München's Arturo Vidal as the defensive midfielder in the 2015/16 Bundesliga Team of the Season.
All-action midfielder Vidal established an early lead in the poll and never relinquished first position, finishing with 46 per cent of the overall vote. Borussia Dortmund's Ilkay Gündogan came second, followed by Borussia Mönchengladbach's sensational youngster Mahmoud Dahoud and 1. FSV Mainz 05's Julian Baumgartlinger.
Club: Borussia Dortmund
Ilkay Gündogan is one of the players who makes Dortmund tick: he is technically outstanding, comfortable on the ball, an excellent dribbler and also fearsome in the tackle. He is always available to receive the ball and his vision makes him a huge threat going forward.
- Has averaged over 93 touches per game.
- Has completed 88.3 per cent of his passes.
- Has created 82 chances for team-mates.
Club: Borussia Mönchengladbach
Unheard of this time last year, Mahmoud Dahoud has made waves across Germany and Europe with his performances in a superb breakthrough season. He is one of the hardest-running players in the Bundesliga, but his technical ability is exemplary too. The Syria-born midfielder rarely loses the ball or misplaces a pass, while his feints make him an elusive figure in the middle of the park. On top of that, he has contributed plenty of goals and assists this term, making him one of the league's most dangerous attacking players.
- Has covered over an average of over 12 kilometres per game.
- Has had a hand in 13 goals this season (five goals, eight assists).
- Has created 77 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
Club: FC Bayern München
Arturo Vidal has shone particularly brightly in the closing stages of the season and scored several crucial goals in both the Bundesliga and the UEFA Champions League. Defensively he has been impressive too, and has contested the most tackles of any Bayern player.
- Has completed 90 per cent of his passes.
- Has created 108 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
- Has provided five assists and scored four goals.
Club: 1. FSV Mainz 05
Julian Baumgartlinger is a guaranteed starter in midfield for the 05ers, providing a waspish protective barrier in front of the defence. He is at ease in possession, has the best pass completion rate at the club and also puts in the legwork too - he is one of the hardest-running players in the league.
- Scored his first-ever Bundesliga goal in his 112th top-flight outing in February 2016.
- Has completed 82 per cent of his passes.